How to Use the Data Download Feature
The Data Download user interface may or may not be present in the geoportal. It is an optional customization an organization can choose to implement. If it has been configured, then a Download tab will be visible in the geoportal user interface. This topic describes how you can use the Data Download interface to define the data you want to download and retrieve your selected data. Follow the steps below.
- Click the Download tab on the geoportal user interface to access the Download page.
- The Download page will show a map and a table of contents with selectable layers. To define the extent of the data which you want to download, first
click on the map to activate it and then use the tools to define the
- Zoom In/Out: There are three ways to zoom in. One way is to use the up and down arrow buttons on the upper left corner of the map. Another way is to use the "+" or "-" keys on the number pad of your keyboard. The third way is to use the scroll bar on your mouse.
- Draw Polygon: Click the Draw Polygon button, and then click on the map to draw the vertices of the area of data you want to download.
- Select the layers of data that you want to download from the list to the right of the interactive map.
- Specify the email address that should receive the zipped data.
- Select an output file format from the available file formats in the dropdown lists for vector and raster.
- Click the download button to submit a request for downloadable data. A dialog will appear asking if you are sure that you want the data sent. Confirm, and then check your email to receive the file.