After creating the INSPIRE Feature Download service, it is ready to be invoked. You can access the INSPIRE Feature Download service's GetCapabilities URL, and then use it to communicate in feature download requests.
To obtain the feature download service URL and test, perform the following steps.
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Click your server connection.
- Right-click the feature download service you created and click Service Properties.
- Click the Capabilities tab and click INSPIRE Feature Download capability.
- Copy the URL to the right in the text box.
- Paste the INSPIRE feature download URL into the address bar of your browser.
- Append ?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WFS at the end of the URL so that the final URL resembles one of the following (substituting your server name and service name).
If you used a map document to create the service
If you used a geodatabase connection to create the service:
- Press Enter to proceed to the URL endpoint.
The response will be a capabilities document of the INSPIRE Feature Download service in the default language configured for the service.
This section provides some sample WFS 2.0.0 URLs for services created from map documents based on ArcGIS for INSPIRE. The URL is slightly different in the online resource URL portion for services created based on geodata; the other parts are the same. The data returned will be a WFS feature collection using the GML output format:
GetFeature (direct download)
It is also possible to extract data through http POST for download services in ArcGIS for INSPIRE; the syntax follows the WFS 2.0.0 specifications. Use the following as an example.
getFeaturebyId (post request)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="2.0.0" xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0 http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/2.0/wfs.xsd"> <wfs:StoredQuery id="urn:ogc:def:query:OGC-WFS::GetFeatureById"> <wfs:Parameter name="id">auAdmUnitS.1883</wfs:Parameter> </wfs:StoredQuery> </wfs:GetFeature>