ArcGIS Data Store is registered with an ArcGIS for Server site, which you set as a Portal for ArcGIS hosting server. You must upgrade all components of this system to the same version.
Follow the instructions in this topic and its related topics to upgrade:
Before you upgrade ArcGIS Data Store
Before you can upgrade ArcGIS Data Store, you must download the installation files for the ArcGIS Data Store to which you want to upgrade, make a backup of your data store, and upgrade ArcGIS for Server. You can upgrade Portal for ArcGIS before or after upgrading ArcGIS Data Store.
- Download the latest ArcGIS Data Store software installation files from My Esri.
- Run backupdatastore to create a full backup of the ArcGIS Data Store managed database. Be sure your backup files are stored in a remote, secure location.
- Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS, the portal's web adaptor, ArcGIS for Server, and its web adaptor. Follow the instructions in Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS in the Portal for ArcGIS administrator guide and its related topics to upgrade your portal.
Upgrade ArcGIS Data Store
If you have a primary and standby machine in your data store, upgrade the primary machine first. Be sure to then upgrade the standby machine; primary and standby machines must run the same ArcGIS Data Store release. Once upgraded, you must reconfigure each data store machine with your ArcGIS Server site.
- Run the ArcGIS Data Store installation file on the primary data store machine. The installation file detects and upgrades an existing installation of ArcGIS Data Store.
- Reconfigure the primary ArcGIS Data Store machine with your ArcGIS Server site. Use either the ArcGIS Data Store Configuration wizard or configuredatastore command utility. You must configure with the same ArcGIS Server site you were using before upgrading.
- Run the ArcGIS Data Store installation file on the standby data store machine.
- Reconfigure the standby ArcGIS Data Store machine with your ArcGIS Server site. Use either the ArcGIS Data Store Configuration wizard or configuredatastore command utility. You must configure with the same ArcGIS Server site you were using before upgrading.
Your ArcGIS Data Store is now upgraded to the latest release, your existing portal hosted feature layers are available for use, and you can publish new hosted feature layers.