You can create a portal application item for the ArcGIS Pro installation files so portal members licensed to use ArcGIS Pro can easily install.
Make ArcGIS Pro installation available through a URL
Deploy the ArcGIS Pro installation files to a web server.
- Download the ArcGIS Pro installation files from My Esri.
- Host the ArcGIS Pro self extracting .exe installation file on a web server.
This provides you with the URL needed to add an application item.
Create a group
Create a group and invite or add members of your organization to the group.
Add and share ArcGIS Pro application item
Add an application item to the portal that points to the ArcGIS Pro URL. Share the application item with the group you created.
- Click My Content.
- Click Add Item.
- On the Add Item dialog box, choose An application from the drop-down list.
- Choose Application.
- Type a title for the item; for example, ArcGIS Pro.
- Type tags that will help your portal members find the item.
- Click Add Item.
The item details page for the item opens.
- Click Share and choose the group you created for sharing the installation files.
- Click OK to close the Share dialog box.
- Click Edit and update the item.
- Type a short description of the installation item in the Summary field.
- Type a more detailed description and create a link to the installation file in the Description field.
- Click the Create Link button in the Description field.
- In the Link Properties dialog box, type or paste the URL to the ArcGIS Pro executable. For example, type http://webserver.domain.com/ArcGISPro/ArcGISPro.exe.
- Type descriptive text for the link, such as Download ArcGIS Pro installation.
- Click Set to create the link.
- Type information about who can use this application in the Access and Use Constraints field.
- Click Unregister App in the App Registration section.
- Type the URL to the installation file in the URL field in the Properties section.
- Click Save.
The ArcGIS Pro installation file is now available to all members of the group with which you shared it.
Portal members can sign in and search for the application item or access the item from the group. They can then download the installation executable to their local machine and install ArcGIS Pro.