You can create your own app from a shared map by downloading and configuring one of the configurable templates in the map viewer. The template ZIP file contains the files and instructions you need to customize and deploy the app on your web server.
Keep in mind that each configurable app template offers different functionality, such as different layouts and color schemes, editing and identify tools, social media feeds, and side-by-side map viewers. Some of the templates allow you to configure the app to create a customized look and feel.
If your portal is currently disconnected from the Internet, you'll need to remove all external references in the template and configure it to use your portal's utility services. You can configure the template to use the portal's utility service by setting the template's queryForOrg property to true. Instructions for removing external references and configuring utility service use are included in the readme file that is bundled with the template. To learn more about utility services, see About utility services.
If you have privileges to create and share content, you can download a template to create a web app that can be hosted on your web server by following these steps:
- Open a saved map in the map viewer and click Share. You can only make a web app with a map that is shared. If you own the map, share it by specifying sharing options in the Share window. If you don't own the map, contact the owner and have them share it, as necessary.
- Click Make a Web Application to open the Make a Web Application window with a gallery of configurable app templates you can use.
- Hover over a template thumbnail on the Configurable Apps tab to see a description of the template.
- Click Publish under the template thumbnail and choose Preview to see how your map will look in the template.
- Click Publish under the template thumbnail and choose Download to download the template files and deploy the app on your machine.
- Open or save the .zip file.