The Coordinate widget enables x,y coordinate values to appear in your application. With the default coordinate system of the webmap, the coordinate values change dynamically when the mouse pointer moves to different locations on the map. Multiple spatial references can be configured and the coordinate values display based on the spatial reference you selected when the application starts.
Configuring the Coordinate widget
By default, the Coordinate widget displays coordinates in WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere (wkid 3857). To display coordinates in other projections or datums, add spatial references during the configuration.
- Hover the mouse over the Coordinate widget and click the small eye icon to show or hide this widget in your application .
Hover the mouse over the Coordinate widget and click the small edit icon
This opens the configuration window for the widget.
- Click Add Output Coordinates System.
- Provide a valid WKID in the Output Coordinate System WKID box, select a display unit, and provide a valid WKID in the Datum Transformation WKID box if the datum of output coordinate system is different form the default.
- Click the OK button.
The spatial reference defined above is added to the list. Repeat the above steps to add other spatial reference if necessary.
- Optionally, click edit icon under Actions to edit the coordinate system.
- Select the decimal places to round the coordinates.
- Uncheck the box if you don't want to show the thousand separators.
- Click OK.
The widget setting window closes.
Using the Coordinate widget
When the application starts, it displays the coordinate system that is on the top of the Output Coordinate System Name list. For the default coordinate system of the webmap, the coordinates will change accordingly when you move the mouse on the map
Click to enable clicking the map to get coordinates. In this way, you can highlight the coordinates and make a copy of them.
Click the arrow on the widget to display a list of spatial references specified in the configuration. When you select one from the list, it becomes active.
Then click on the map to get the coordinates. You can hightlight the coordinates and make a copy of them.