Members of your portal will use the Portal for ArcGIS map viewer, ArcGIS Pro, the ArcGIS Python API, or the ArcGIS REST API to perform analysis.
To learn more about the differences between the ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server toolset for feature analysis and the standard spatial analysis tools, see Standard and big data feature analysis and Feature analysis tool differences. To learn how to use the tools, see Perform big data analysis using ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server or refer to the ArcGIS Pro Help.
Components needed for using ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server
Review the information in Additional server deployment to understand how you will architect your system for ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server. The GeoAnalytics Tools are hosted as a series of tasks in ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server. For members of your organization to use these tasks to perform analysis in Portal for ArcGIS, you'll need to set up a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, if you do not already have one, GeoAnalytics Server and a spatiotemporal ArcGIS Data Store. You will need two ArcGIS Server sites - one to act as the GeoAnalytics Server and one for the portal's hosting server in the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment:
Site 1: Base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment
This site will require the following components:
- Portal for ArcGIS
- An ArcGIS Server site licensed as the GIS Server and set as your portal's hosting server
- 2 installations of ArcGIS Web Adaptor - one configured with the portal and one configured with the GIS Server
- At least 2 installations of ArcGIS Data Store - one configured as a relational data store and set as your portal's managed database and one configured as a spatiotemporal data store, though you may deploy the spatiotemporal data store to more than one machine. See Additional server deployment for details on site architecture recommendations.
Site 2: ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server
This site will require an ArcGIS Server site licensed as ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server and configured using the steps below.
Steps to set up ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server
The following instructions may require changes to the way you've deployed ArcGIS in your organization; review them carefully before proceeding. To set up GeoAnalytics Server, follow these steps:
- If you do not already have a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment configured, set one up. See Tutorial: set up a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment for more details.
- Install ArcGIS Data Store and create an ArcGIS Data Store of the spatiotemporal type that you register with your base deployment's hosting server (Site 1).
- Install a second ArcGIS Server site (Site 2). License this ArcGIS Server site as the GeoAnalytics Server.
- Ensure that the required ports are open for the GeoAnalytics Server. See Ports used by ArcGIS Server for details.
- Log in to the portal as a member with administrative privileges. The URL is in the format https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/<webadaptorname>/home.
- Browse to My Organization > Edit Settings > Servers.
- Federate your GeoAnalytics Server site with your portal.
- On the Servers page, in the drop-down menu under the Feature Analysis - GeoAnalytics Tools heading, choose your GeoAnalytics Server.
- Configure the GeoAnalytics settings for your deployment to ensure resources are allocated appropriately to the GeoAnalytics Tools.
- Grant members privileges to perform analysis. Publisher and spatial analysis privileges are needed to use GeoAnalytics Tools.
Once the changes have been saved, members of your portal can browse to the tools in ArcGIS Pro or the portal map viewer, and they can consume the tools in the ArcGIS Python API and ArcGIS REST API. See Use the GeoAnalytics Tools for more information about using the tools in the map viewer, including data sources that can be used in the tools.