Prepare to install ArcGIS Enterprise
Before you run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, perform the following steps.
- Verify you do not have Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, or ArcGIS Data Store installed on the machine.
- Verify that your machine has a supported operating system installed. For more information, see the system requirements.
- Verify that your machine has a Java Server installed in preparation for the two required Web Adaptors.
- Install the Java ArcGIS Web Adaptor software and deploy ArcGIS Web Adaptor twice on the same machine; one for Portal for ArcGIS and one for ArcGIS Server.
- Verify that your machine has at least 20 GB of free disk space.
- Verify that your machine has at least 16 GB of RAM.
- Obtain authorization files for both Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server. These files are required to complete the installation. The files can be in either .ECP or .PRVC format.
- Ensure that port 80 is enabled for HTTP communication.
- Create a domain certificate and enable HTTPS on your web server.
- Log in to the machine as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications on your computer.
You are now ready to proceed with installation steps for the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.