My Stories is an app that portal members can use to build and manage story maps. As the portal administrator, you can configure an item in the portal to help portal members access this page.
- Sign in to the portal.
- Open My Content.
- Click Add Item > From the web.
- Choose Document for the item Type.
- Type the URL of the My Stories app for your portal. The URL is in the format https://<webadaptorhost>.<domain>.com/<webadaptorname>/apps/MyStories, where <webadaptorhost>.<domain>.com is the fully qualified name of the machine where your portal's web adaptor (or load balancer) is running.
For example, if your web adaptor is named portal and it is running on the machine mymachine.mydomain.com, the URL to My Stories would be https://mymachine.mydomain.com/portal/apps/MyStories
- Type MyStories followed by the name of your portal organization in the Title text box.
- Type tags, such as the following, to help portal users find the item:
My Stories, story map, story maps, storymap, storymaps, Esri Story Maps, storytelling
- Click Add Item.
- When the item page opens, share it with your organization.
You could also share it with the group you have set for the Featured Content so the app shows up on the portal's home page.
- Type a meaningful Description for the item.
For example, you could copy the following sample description to explain what the app is and how to get to it using this item.
My Stories is an app that is included with Portal for ArcGIS that lets you build story maps and manage the story maps you create. Use the URL of this item to access the My Stories app. Copy this item's URL and paste it into a new tab in this browser session.
Using the Create Story button at the top of the My Stories app page, you can learn about the types of story maps you can build on your portal. If you know which story map you want to create, Build to launch the builder for that story type. If you need help deciding, click Ask the Pros to answer a few questions that will determine the best type of story for your current project.
You can also use the My Stories app to check your story maps for issues and fix them. For example, if your story map is intended to be shared with all members of your portal organization, but one of its web maps is not currently shared, My Stories would alert you and help you share the web map correctly.
- Type Access and Use Constraints for this item.
For example, only users who can create content would use the My Stories app. You could indicate that here.
Privileges to create content are required to create story maps.
The file item is now available to the organization or group with which you shared it.
Portal members can open the item's page and copy the URL to access My Stories.