The sync method for your collaboration workspace determines when content will be sent from portal to portal. This includes new items shared with the groups participating in the portal to portal collaboration as well as updates to existing items. The two methods for how content can be shared are as follows:
- Sync immediately
- Scheduled sync
By default, when a host portal or guest portal joins a group to a collaboration workspace the sync configuration will be sync immediately.
Note that your collaboration access mode (Send, Receive, or Send and Receive) can only be set by the collaboration host portal.
If your access to a collaboration workspace is Send or Send and Receive, you can choose to sync immediately. If you do, any new content shared with groups linked to the workspace will be sent to the collaboration immediately. Any updates made to items already shared with collaboration workspace-linked groups will also be sent immediately after they are saved.
If you use scheduled sync, at the designated interval, the groups linked with the collaboration workspace will be compared for differences. New or updated content from groups where the participant access mode is Send or Send and Receive will be sent to those whose access mode is Receive or Send and Receive. Sync schedules are set at the workspace level for each guest portal, so you can choose a different schedule (between every 1–24 hours) for different workspaces in the same collaboration. By default, the interval for scheduled sync is set to check for and send out changes every 24 hours. The minimum sync interval you can set is 1 hour.
if a scheduled sync event is in progress when the next scheduled sync event is scheduled to occur, the next scheduled event will be skipped to allow the existing job to complete.
To edit the sync schedule, edit your collaboration workspace using the steps described below.
Edit the collaboration workspace sync settings
- Log in to your portal as an administrator.
- Browse to My Organization > Edit Settings > Collaborations.
- Click the name of the collaboration whose workspaces you want to view.
- Click View Workspaces.
- Locate the name of the workspace you want to edit in the table, click the Action button drop-down arrow, and choose Edit Workspace.
- Optionally create a new group or choose a different existing group to link to the workspace. Optionally edit the sync settings for the workspace. Choose the radio button for Sync immediately or Sync at scheduled intervals.
- Click Edit Workspace.