You can upload an image collection directly to the portal website and publish a hosted imagery layer. Select your images, put them in a .zip file (an image collection), upload the file to your portal, and publish the collection as one hosted imagery layer for sharing. This makes managing, publishing, and sharing images straightforward and flexible. All raster formats supported by ArcGIS can be added to an image collection.
To publish a hosted imagery layer requires the following:
- You must be signed in to the portal and have privileges to create content and publish hosted tile layers.
- Your portal administrator must configure the portal for raster analysis.
If you do not see the option to publish when you upload an image collection, contact your portal administrator to confirm your portal has a federated Raster Analysis Server and that you have privileges to publish a hosted tile layer.
Follow these steps to create, upload, and publish an image collection in the portal website.
- Create a .zip file containing the images you want to load and publish.
- Place the .zip file in a location you can access from the portal website.
- Sign in to your portal organization and open My Content.
- Add the image collection by clicking Add Item > From my computer.
- Browse to the .zip file and click Open.
- Choose Image Collection from the Contents drop-down list.
- Be sure the Publish this file as a hosted layer box is checked.
- Type a Title and Tags. These will be used for both the image collection item and hosted imagery layer in the portal.
- Click Add Item.
When publishing finishes, an image collection item and hosted imagery layer item are added to My Content. These items are accessible only to you by default. You can share these items with other portal members, the public, or members of specific groups.