Story Map Cascade presents a narrative as a scrolling experience. This application is ideal for creating stories that include images, video, and 2D and 3D maps, especially when you have a lot of text and detail to convey. Story Map Cascade includes an interactive builder to help create your story.
You configure different options for different parts of the app.
- General: Options that apply to the app overall include providing a logo graphic, logo link, and tag line text and link, as well as buttons to share the app on social media and links in the app header that help guide readers through the story map.
- Cover: Provide a title and subtitle for the introductory page of the story and, optionally, media such as an image or video.
- Title section: Each section can have a title, for which you can provide title text and media.
- Immersive section: These are the story sections that convey your story through media, maps, and scenes. Maps can be configured to show a specific location, set of visible layers, feature pop-ups, legend, map search, and locate button. Scenes can be configured to show a location, perspective, and set of layers by selecting an existing scene slide.
- Credits section: You can provide information about the sources and references for the material used in your story.
Story Map Cascade does not require any geographic content but can include ArcGIS web maps and scenes. It also supports images, either referenced from the web or uploaded to your ArcGIS account, videos from the web, and web pages. Supported image file types are .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, and .bmp.
For more information, including a step-by-step tutorial, visit the Story Map Cascade page on the Esri Story Maps website.