The Basemap Gallery widget presents a gallery of basemaps and allows you to select one from the gallery as your app's basemap. The basemap can be user-defined or from your organization or portal. However, all basemaps added to the Basemap Gallery widget must have the same spatial reference. In addition, you have the option to synchronize the app at run time with the Basemap Gallery setting in your organization or portal.
Configuring the Basemap Gallery widget
The Basemap Gallery widget can be set to open automatically when the app starts. To do so, click the dot on the widget to turn it dark green.
- Hover over the Basemap Gallery widget and click the small edit icon
The widget's configuration window appears. The basemaps from your organization or portal display in the configuration window with the default option of Always synchronize with the Basemap Gallery setting of the organization.
- Optionally, click change widget icon if you want to replace the default icon for this widget.
A file explorer window appears allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the widget icon.
- If you want the app to be consistent with the Basemap Gallery setting in your organization or portal at run time, keep the default option of Always synchronize with the Basemap Gallery setting of the organization.
- Alternatively, select Configure custom basemaps, which allows you to import the basemap from a group or create a new basemap.
- Click Import. When the Import Basemaps window appears, select a group from the drop-down menu and click the maps that you want to add to the widget. Click OK to close the window. Repeat this step if you want to add more basemaps from different groups.
- Click Create New. When the Add New window appears, provide a title and the URL of your map service, and click the thumbnail image to replace it with your own image file. Click Add URL to add an additional URL of a map service to the basemap if needed. Click OK to close the window. Repeat this step if you want to create additional basemaps.
The basemaps you configured are listed with the selected thumbnail.
- Click OK to close the window.
Using the Basemap Gallery widget
Clicking the Basemap Gallery widget displays all the basemaps configured for this widget. Clicking one of the basemap thumbnails sets it as the active basemap for the app. Click the X in the upper right corner of the Basemap Gallery window to close it.