If you've installed the GIS Server component on one or multiple GIS server machines, you can add them to an existing site using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop.
To add a GIS server to a site, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See the topic Making an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your server connection and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Machines tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Machine window, enter the name of the machine you want to add to the site, for example, gisserver.domain.com.
- Enter the URL of the machine you want to add to the site. The URL is formatted http://gisserver.domain.com:6080/arcgis.
- Optionally, add the machine to a cluster by selecting a cluster from the Cluster Name drop-down list.
- Click OK. Your GIS server is added to the site and appears in the list of available machines.
You can repeat these steps as necessary to add GIS server machines to your site.