You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop to edit a server directory. To do so, follow the steps below.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See About connecting to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your administrative connection and choose Server Properties. The ArcGIS Server Properties window appears.
- Click the Directories tab.
- Click the Directory Type drop-down arrow, choose the server directory you want to edit, then click Edit.
- Optionally, enter a new path for the directory in the Physical Path field, or browse to its location on disk.
- Optionally, update the description in the Description field.
- Optionally, set the cleanup mode and maximum file age. The server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click OK.
The edits to your directory are applied and listed in the Directories tab.