You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop to add new cache, jobs, and output directories to your site. You cannot add system directories, since there can only be one instance of the system directory in the site.
To add a cache, jobs, or output directory to your site, follow these steps.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See About connecting to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your administrative connection and choose Server Properties. The ArcGIS Server Properties window appears.
- Click the Directories tab.
- Click the Directory Type drop-down arrow, choose the type of server directory you want to create, then click Add.
- Enter a string in the Name field. The string uniquely identifies the new server directory and has no relationship to the folder location on disk.
- In the Physical Path field, enter the path to the directory or browse to its location on disk. For example, C:\arcgisserver\directories\mycache.
- Optionally, give the directory a description in the Description field.
- Optionally, set the cleanup mode and maximum file age. The server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click OK.
Your directory is added and appears on the Directories tab.