A cluster is a group of GIS server machines in an ArcGIS Server site that is dedicated to hosting a particular subset of services. You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop to organize your GIS server machines into clusters.
To create a new cluster, follow these steps:
- Establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See About connecting to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect.
- Right-click your administrative connection in the Catalog tree and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Clusters tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Cluster window, enter a name for the cluster.
- From the Available Machines list, select the GIS server machines you want to add to the cluster and click the >> arrows to move them to the Added Machines list.
- Click OK.
Your cluster is created and appears on the Clusters tab.