The primary site administrator account is created when you create an ArcGIS Server site. Its purpose is to give you one initial administrator account that allows you to log in to Manager and configure security. If you need to change the user name and/or password for this account, you can do so in ArcGIS Server Manager.
If you used the primary site administrator account to register the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your site, and then you later change the primary site administrator username and/or password, there is no need for you to reconfigure the Web Adaptor. HTTP communication is not disrupted between the Web Adaptor and the site after editing the account.
Follow the steps below to change the user name and/or password of the primary site administrator account.
- Open Manager and log in as the primary site administrator or as a user with administrative privileges. You can only edit the primary site administrator account if you have one or both of these privileges. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Security > Settings.
- In the ArcGIS Server Security module, click Edit next to the Primary Site Administrator Account section.
- In the Edit Primary Site Administrator Account window, enter a new user name and/or password for the primary site administrator account.
- When you're finished, click Save.
The edits to the primary site administrator account are applied. Keep in mind that it may take some time to apply your changes, since all the services in your site are restarted after editing the account.