The following steps guide you through the ArcGIS for Server silent uninstallation process on Linux. Performing a silent installation of ArcGIS for Server doesn't require an X display or user interaction during the installation process.
- Stop ArcGIS Server by:
Executing the stopserver script (based on the default installation location):
- Using the shortcut on your desktop environment: ArcGIS > Stop ArcGIS for Server
- If ArcGIS Server is configured to be started with the operating system, follow the steps below to remove the daemon:
- Switch to root user.
- Remove the daemons, if created, by executing the following commands provided below:
For RHEL users:
$ chkconfig --del arcgisserver $ rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/arcgisserver
For SUSE users:
$ insserv -r arcgisserver $ rm -f /etc/init.d/arcgisserver
- End the root user session.
- Execute the uninstallation script as shown below (based on default installation location):