The layer's labels use effects that are not supported by KML.
- Remove the unsupported effects from the label. See below for the list of unsupported effects.
- Turn the labels off. Map services only use labels that are turned on.
- Do nothing. The effects not supported by KML will be ignored by the KML service.
Labels in your map will be converted to KML. The label text is based on the field you choose on the Labels tab of the Layer Properties dialog box in ArcMap and ArcGlobe. If you have disabled all fields and still choose to label features, the label text will be based on the primary display field.
The following label effects are not supported
- Superscript text position
- Subscript text position
- All caps text case
- Small caps text case
- Text fill patterns
- Text backgrounds (balloon callouts)
KML does honor the size and color set for the labels. Only one label can be applied per feature.