As an ArcGIS Server administrator, you have the option to register your data folders, databases, and geodatabases with ArcGIS Server. Data registration provides ArcGIS Server a list of locations to access. Data registration also helps ArcGIS Server adjust data paths when publishing across machines.
The following sections describe how to prepare your ArcGIS client to connect to ALTIBASE and register it with ArcGIS Server.
Install the ALTIBASE HDB client
You can download the 64-bit ALTIBASE HDB Client from ALTIBASE Customer Support. Download and install the 64-bit ALTIBASE HDB client that is the same release version as the ALTIBASE database to which you need to connect. Follow the instructions provided by ALTIBASE to install.
Uncomment and set the following variables in the ArcGIS for Server on Linux init_user_param.sh script:
See the Configure a database connection for ArcGIS Server for more information.
Users who connect to the database must be granted specific privileges. See Privileges for using ArcGIS with ALTIBASE for a list of required privileges.
Connect to ALTIBASE
To register a database with the server, you must provide connection information. There are two ways you can do this:
- Import an existing .sde file that contains the connection information.
You can create a Database Connection (.sde) file from the Catalog tree in ArcGIS for Desktop, using the Create Database Connection geoprocessing tool, or a Python script.
- Provide your connection information at the time of registration.
No matter which way you choose, you must provide the following information to connect to an ALTIBASE hybrid database:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, ALTIBASE)
- The ALTIBASE hybrid database server and port in the format DSN=<server name>;PORT_NO=<port number for ALTIBASE communication>
- Authentication Type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported)
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from Server Manager or the Catalog tree in ArcGIS for Desktop. See the following topics for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: