You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap to add new cache, jobs, and output directories to your site. You cannot add system directories, since there can only be one instance of the system directory in the site.
Follow these steps to add a cache, jobs, or output directory to your site:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See Make an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcMap for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your administrative connection and choose Server Properties.
The ArcGIS Server Properties window opens.
- Click the Directories tab.
- Click the Directory Type drop-down arrow, choose the type of server directory you want to create, and click Add.
- Enter a string in the Name field. The string uniquely identifies the new server directory and has no relationship to the folder location on disk.
- In the Physical Path field, enter the path to the directory or browse to its location on disk, for example, /srv/arcgis/server/usr/directories/mycache.
- Provide a Description of the directory.
- Accept the defaults or set the cleanup mode and maximum file age. The server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click OK.
Your directory is added and appears on the Directories tab.