Follow the instructions below to reset the password for a user in the identity store or the primary site administrator account.
Resetting the password for a user in the identity store
You can reset the password for a user in the identity store by following the steps below.
- Open Manager and log in as the primary site administrator or a user with administrative access. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Security > Users.
- Locate the user for whom you want to reset the password, then click the Edit icon corresponding to that user.
- Enter a new password for the user in the Password field.
- Re-enter the password in the Repeat Password field.
- Click Save to reset the user's password.
Resetting the primary site administrator's password
If you have lost or forgotten the password for the primary site administrator account, you can reset the password in Manager by logging in as a user with administrative privileges. For instructions on how to do this, see Editing the primary site administrator account.
However, if the primary site administrator is the only account with administrative privileges, you will be unable to log in to Manager as an administrator. In this case, you will need to follow the instructions below to reset the password for the primary site administrator.
- Log in to the ArcGIS Server machine.
- Open a new Bourne shell.
- Navigate to the folder <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/server/tools/passwordreset.
- If you have forgotten the name of the primary site administrator account and would like to retrieve it, run the provided utility, passwordreset.sh with the -l option.
- To reset the password, run the passwordreset.sh utility with the -p option.
./passwordreset.sh -p mynewpassword