You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap to specify the name and location of the configuration store for your on-premises deployment. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and click Administer GIS server to create an administrative connection to the server. See Make an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcMap for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- Right-click your ArcGIS Serverconnection and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties dialog box, click the Configuration Store tab.
- Specify the name and location of the configuration store. You can browse to a directory on disk or type its path.
- Click Apply. This restarts ArcGIS Server.
After ArcGIS Serverrestarts, the name and location of the configuration store are updated, and the new file path location appears in the Configuration Store tab.