You can use ArcGIS Server Manager to add new cache, jobs, and output directories to your site. You cannot add system directories, since there can be only one instance of the system directory in the site.
Follow these steps to add a cache, jobs, or output directory to your site:
- Open Manager and log in.
- Click Site > GIS Server > Directories.
- Click Add Directory.
- Enter a string in the Name field. The string uniquely identifies the new server directory and has no relationship to the folder location on disk.
- Use the Type drop-down list to specify the type of directory you want to create.
- In the Location field, enter the path to the directory, for example, C:\arcgisserver\directories\mycache.
- Provide a Description of the directory.
- Accept the defaults or set the cleanup mode and maximum file age. The server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click Add.
Your directory is added and appears in the Directories module.