A cluster is a grouping of ArcGIS Server machines participating in an ArcGIS Server site. You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS Desktop to edit and configure the machines participating in your clusters. To do so, follow these steps:
- Establish an administrative connection to the server. See About connecting to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS Desktop for instructions on how to connect.
- Right-click your administrative connection in the Catalog tree and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Clusters tab.
- Select the cluster you want to configure and click Edit.
- Add or remove ArcGIS Server machines from the cluster using the controls in the Edit Cluster window.
If an ArcGIS Server machine you want to add to the cluster does not appear in the list, make sure it has been added to your site and is not currently participating in another cluster. For more information, see About adding an ArcGIS Server to a site.
If the cluster is currently hosting services and you remove all machines from the cluster, the services will be stopped after applying your changes. If you require the services in the cluster to remain running, you'll need to add another machine to the cluster or edit the services to use another cluster before proceeding. For instructions on how to change the cluster hosting a service, see Editing service properties in ArcGIS Desktop.
- Click OK.
The edits to your cluster are applied and appear on the Clusters tab.