You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap to edit a server directory. To do so, follow the steps below.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and create an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See Make an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcMap for instructions on how to connect. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click your administrative connection and choose Server Properties.
The ArcGIS Server Properties window opens.
- Click the Directories tab.
- Click the Directory Type drop-down arrow, choose the server directory you want to edit, and click Edit.
- To change the location of the directory, specify a new directory path in the Physical Path field, or browse to its location on disk.
- To update the description, type a new one in the Description field.
- To change how long files in the directory are retained, choose a new Cleanup mode from the drop-down list and specify the number of minutes for Maximum file age. The server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click OK.
The edits to your directory are applied and listed in the Directories tab.