Do the following to deploy ArcGIS Enterprise on Amazon Web Services (AWS):
- Create an Amazon account and make sure it includes Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) access.
- Before using the ArcGIS Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) for the first time, accept terms in the AWS Marketplace.
- Deploy an ArcGIS Server site or ArcGIS Enterprise on AWS.
- To deploy ArcGIS Enterprise on AWS, use a CloudFormation template provided by Esri along with an ArcGIS Amazon Machine Image. See Use AWS CloudFormation for instructions.
- Use one of the following deployment options to create a stand-alone ArcGIS Server site on AWS :
- Manually deploy a site from the AWS Management Console or an ArcGIS Amazon Machine Image via the AWS Marketplace.
- Use a CloudFormation template provided by Esri with an ArcGIS Amazon Machine Image
- Download ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services from My Esri, install it on your own desktop machine, and use Cloud Builder to create an ArcGIS Server site on AWS.
- Optionally perform more detailed administrative tasks using the AWS Management Console. The console allows you to do such things as change the specs of your machines, detach and attach storage drives, alter security groups.
Once your deployment exists on AWS, you can access it and begin sharing data and maps. As an initial test, follow the steps appropriate to your deployment.
If you deployed ArcGIS Enterprise, follow these steps:
- Use the URL in the CloudFormation output tag to access the portal.
- Sign in with the initial administrator account credentials you provided the CloudFormation template.
- Go to My Content and click Add Item > From my computer.
- Browse to a supported item on your local computer, such as a CSV file containing x, y coordinates or shapefile. Depending on the file type you choose, you can publish a feature layer when you upload the file.
If you deployed an ArcGIS Server site, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog window in ArcMap, connect to your ArcGIS Server site.
- Publish a test map service to your new site. Because you haven't yet registered any data stores with the ArcGIS Server site, the data will be copied to the ArcGIS Server instance automatically when publishing. That's okay for this exercise as long as you don't put a lot of data in your test map.
- Connect to the Services Directory of your site to verify that the service published successfully.