Once you've created a site template, you can share it with other Amazon accounts. The owners of these accounts can then import the template into ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services and build sites with it.
The ability to share templates is useful if you are building a custom solution for a client, if there are multiple Amazon accounts in your organization, or if you have to set up a lab or classroom wherein each participant will use their own Amazon account.
The steps below explain how to share an existing template with one or more Amazon accounts.
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services and click the Template tab.
- Find your template in the list and click the Permissions button.
- Click Add Account.
- In the AWS Account Number input box, type the identifier of the Amazon account with which you want to share the template. See Find your Amazon account identifier to review how to find the identifier for an Amazon account.
- In the AWS Account Email input box, type the e-mail address associated with the Amazon account. This is the e-mail address the account users enter when logging in to the AWS Management Console.
- Click Finish and repeat the above process for any other accounts with which you want to share your template.
- Return to the Templates tab and expand your template information by clicking the arrow to the left of the template name.
- Copy or write down the Template ID and provide it to the owners of the Amazon accounts with whom you shared the template. The Amazon account owners need this ID to import the template into Cloud Builder.
You also need to share the administrator password used by the instances in this template. You should encourage the person receiving the template to change the administrator password after he or she creates a site from the template.
To view the steps for importing a template, see Import a shared template.
If you share a template and later delete it, users cannot build any sites with the template.