Your layer name contains URL and/or XML reserved characters invalid for use in a layer name when publishing a map service with WMS or WCS capability.
- Rename the layer so that it does not include any URL and/or XML reserved characters.
- If you are publishing a map service with WMS capability, you can choose not to use layer names. You can use zero-based integers to identify layers. Follow these steps:
- From the Service Description Editor, select WMS from the left column.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Properties window.
- Uncheck the Use layer names from the map document option.
- Click OK to apply your settings.
WMS and WCS capable map services cannot be published if any layer names contain URL and/or XML reserved characters. These characters include the following:
Characters that can be used within a layer name include the following: