The sample interface that comes with Products on Demand (PoD) highlights the capabilities of the technology through a few tools that allow you to define, create, and export information products on demand.
Defining and creating a product
The following steps guide you through defining and creating a product with PoD.
- Pan and Zoom to the area where you want to create a new product.
- Click the Define a Product button .
The Define a Product dialog box appears.
- Click the Export Format drop-down arrow and choose an output format.
- Define the scale of the product with a numeric value.
- Click the Page Size drop-down arrow and choose a size.
- Click the Orientation drop-down arrow and choose Portrait or Landscape.
You are now ready to insert the product extent.
- Click the Create a new extent button .
- Move the pointer so that it is centered over the location where you want to create the new product.
- Click on the map to create a new product extent.
A new extent is inserted into the map.
Moving an existing product
After inserting a new extent, you may want to adjust its location. To adjust the position of your product extent, you can use the Move a custom extent tool.
- Click the Move a custom extent button .
- Move the pointer over the Area Of Interest (AOI) on the map.
- Click and drag to move the AOI.
Exporting a product
You can export one or multiple products created from the Export Queue list using the following steps.
- Click the Export button to open the Export Queue window.
- If there is more than one product in the export queue, select the one you want to export. To select multiple products, press the Ctrl key while you click the products you want to export from the Export Queue list.
- Click Export Products.
The export process begins. When the process is complete, a link to the product export appears under the Export Products button.
- Click the link to open the exported product.
Deleting a product
You can delete one or multiple products by selecting them in the Export Queue window.
- If the product you want to delete is not selected, click to select it in the Export Queue window.
- Click the Clear selected extents button .
The product is deleted.