As an ArcGIS Server administrator or a publisher in your organization, you have the option to register your on-premises data stores and cloud stores. In doing so, you are registering data folders, databases, and geodatabases with ArcGIS Server so that services you publish can reference the data in those folders, databases, and geodatabases. Data registration provides ArcGIS Server a list of locations to access. Data registration also helps ArcGIS Server adjust data paths when publishing across machines.
The following sections describe how to prepare your ArcGIS client to connect to Netezza and register it with ArcGIS Server.
Install and configure the Netezza ODBC driver
To connect from an ArcGIS client to Netezza, you must install and configure the Netezza ODBC driver on each ArcGIS client machine.
If your ArcGIS Server site is composed of multiple machines, you must install and configure the 64-bit Netezza ODBC client on each server.
If ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Desktop are installed on the same machine, you must install both the 32- and 64-bit Netezza ODBC drivers.
If you configure a data source name for the ODBC drivers, you must use the same name on the ArcGIS Server machines and all ArcGIS Desktop computers that will publish data to the server and register the database with the server.
See Connect to Netezza from ArcGIS for further instructions.
The Netezza group that will connect to the database and publish data must be granted privileges to access the data.
The group needs read access to the data. The privileges that must be granted in the database are as follows:
- Select on _V_SYS_PRIV
- Select on SPATIAL_REF_SYS
- Select on GEOMETRY_COLUMNS
- Execute on LIBGEOSLIBS
- Execute on LIBSTDCPP
- Execute on LIBSPATIALUTILS
- Execute on FUNCTION
- Select on all datasets to be published
See Privileges for using ArcGIS with Netezza for more information.
Connect to Netezza
To register a database with the server, you must provide connection information. There are two ways you can do this:
- Import an existing .sde file that contains the connection information.
You can create a database connection (.sde) file from the Catalog tree in ArcMap, the Project pane in ArcGIS Pro, or using the Create Database Connection geoprocessing tool.
- Provide your connection information at the time of registration.
No matter which way you choose, you must provide the following information to connect to Netezza:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, Netezza)
- The ODBC data source name for the Netezza database or, if an ODBC data source name is not configured, use the following syntax to connect:
ServerName=<host>;Port=<port number>;Database=<database name>
See Database connections in ArcGIS Desktop for more information and an example.
- Authentication type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported)
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from ArcGIS Server Manager or the Catalog tree in ArcMap. See the following topics for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: