Using Manager or ArcGIS for Desktop, you can quickly delete a service running on ArcGIS Server. When you delete a service from ArcGIS Server, any client application using the service will no longer be able to access it.
If you delete a service that is cached, the cache tiles, tiling scheme, and folder structure are retained on disk. If you want to delete the cache completely, use the Delete Map Server Cache tool. If you want to delete the tiles but leave the cache folder structure and tiling scheme, use the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles tool with the Update Mode set to Delete_Tiles.
How to delete a service using ArcGIS Server Manager
To delete a service from ArcGIS Server using Manager, follow these steps:
- Open ArcGIS Server Manager and log in. If you need help with this step, see Logging in to Manager.
- Click Services > Manage Services.
- Locate your service in the Services module. If your service resides in a folder, navigate to that folder and locate the service.
- Click Delete. The service is deleted from your server.
How to delete a service using ArcGIS for Desktop
To delete a service from ArcGIS Server using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and click Administer GIS server to establish an administrative connection to the server. If you already have one of these connections set up, you can skip this step. For instructions on how to connect, see Making an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Within your connection to ArcGIS Server, navigate to the service you want to delete.
- Right-click the service and choose Delete. The service is deleted from your server.